Paul Brewster: From Wearside through Warsaw to Somewhere Else – ‘Talk’ of an Artist on the slide to success or oblivion.

Monday, April 23, 2007

SOMETHING BREWING

And whatever it is, it isn’t a refreshing glass of the amber stuff!

Now I’m not one to believe in premonitions, or even predictions of any kind, but I don’t know, there’s something not quite right since we moved from Warsaw and my ‘confidence’ seems to be diminishing the longer we remain here.

Dominika calls it the curse of Bialystok (actually, I’m being dramatic here to keep the doom and gloom mood going); she can occasionally be heard to cry out ‘Bloody Bialystok’ when things are not going quite right, nothing more…

‘Curse’ however seems an appropriate word for whatever is effecting today's mood…

I dunno, perhaps being on my own so much lately, feeling a bit homesick, or just that, the reality that we seem to see so much less of one another since we moved here, but there’s definitely a cloud hanging over me and Dominika both at the moment which I don’t see lifting until we are properly together and can finally begin living life like any other ‘normal’ couple…

Dominika particularly feels this and seems overly desperate sometimes to kick off the old baggage completely and get going - Can't say I disagree, but everything would be so much easier if only 'certain factions' saw our love for what it is and gave genuine support rather than what can only be described sometimes as shear disgust and hatred regarding our union…

Ah, I’m surely talking bollix, things aren’t that ghastly, we certainly have a wonderful time whenever we’re left alone to get on with stuff together and poor Dominika isn't being pulled from pillar to post!

Yeah, simply just a bad day… Positive thinking – that's what's needed - aye, bring it on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home